Provide an incentive for people to become better prepared. Allow them to have a tax deduction for purchasing emergency supplies or performing retrofit work on their homes.
Create an iPhone app that assists the public in creating kits by:
* Helping them decide how many kits they need (home, car, work, etc.)
* Helping them decide what should go in each kit.
* Helping them shop for kit packages / items.
* Helping them keep track of what they have already purchased or assembled
* Helping them maintain the kit (replace water, etc.)
Too many citizens think the tasks of "preparing" for an emergency is too daunting. Too many things to buy. Too hard to make a plan. So many do not start or do not finish becoming prepared.
FEMA should introduce the "Levels of Preparedness" to guide citizens to the most important levels right away (3 days of water, etc.),... more »
Citizen Corps, CERT, American Red Cross, Neighborhood Watch, etc. are all... more »
One of the biggest struggles when it comes to preparedness is distribution of information that will actually grab the attention of those who are reading it. Anybody can build a website and post information but if no one knows where to find it then its meaningless. We need to start thinking outside the box and start a Community Preparedness Initiative (CPI). The concept of CPI would be... more »
Let's create a well informed public together...Let's be part of the defining mitigating... more »